Symposium E7. Materials for Emerging Packaging and Interconnect Technologies
The progress in the development of nanoelectronic and microelectronic devices requires new materials and novel technologies to meet the criteria of reliability in thermal, mechanical, electrical and environmental demands exerted on packages and interconnects at all levels. The goal of this symposium will focus on multiple research topics related to new and existing materials as well as the discussion of emerging packaging and interconnect technologies. The aspects of device performance and reliability will all be addressed.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Challenges in Pb-free and Pb-containing solders for the packages and interconnects at all levels.
• Optoelectronic interconnects and flexible electronics
• Development of new alloy systems
• Phase stability in the solder alloy systems
• 3D chip stacking including through-silicon-vias (TSVs)
• Electromigration, thermomigration, stress-migration and mechanical effects
• Tin whiskers
Abstracts should be submitted electronically through website of IUMRS-ICA 2011, and questions and inquiries should be sent to the symposium organizers.
Prof. C. Robert Kao(高振宏): firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taiwan.
Prof. Chih Chen(陳智): email@example.com
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Natinaol Chiao Tung University, Taiwan. Prof. Albert Tzu-Chia Wu(吳子嘉): firstname.lastname@example.org Department of Chemical & Materials Engineering, National Central University, Taiwan.